|SIMPLE MASK (Part 1 of 3)
Creating a simple faded oval mask in Paint Shop Pro 6
A mask is like a stencil and can be positive and negative. Any black
image can be used as a mask as long as you increase the colors to 16.7
million colors. We are going to create a very simple oval mask with
1. Click on new document in PSP 6 or on the blank page on the tool
2. Use these settings: pixel size=300x350, resolution=72, background
color=black, colors=16.7 million.
3. On toolbar on left side of page, click on selection tool which
looks like a square with dotted outline.
4. Click on toggle tool options window on top toolbar.
5. Click on blue heading to activate and choose these settings:
Ellipse, feather=20, antialias box checked (see fig 1).